WWE NXT Outcomes: Winners, Stay Grades, Response and Highlights from Sept. 19
0 of 8
Becky Lynch is seeking to make her NXT Ladies’s Championship reign rely.Credit score: WWE.com.
In her first WWE NXT look since successful the NXT Ladies ‘s Championship, Becky Lynch kicked off an action-packed September 19 episode.
It was a champions’ evening as Carmelo Hayes and Dominik Mysterio would additionally compete in a non-title conflict.
Tuesday’s present additionally featured the ultimate matches of Group A and Group B within the International Heritage Invitational. Tyler Bate and Butch renewed their rivalry whereas Duke Hudson hoped to play spoiler in opposition to Joe Coffey.
With the Ladies’s Breakout Match near returning, Lola Vice hoped to show her value early by difficult former winner Roxanne Perez.
This was solely the start of an evening with massive stakes as No Mercy approaches.
Becky Lynch and Tiffany Stratton Conform to No Mercy Rematch
1 of 8
- The Man recited a customized poem about her future challengers. The gang didn’t know the best way to react to the distinctive rhymes.
- Lynch didn’t mince her phrases when she known as Stratton “a greater fighter than a talker.”
- Ilja Dragunov promised he can be prepared for his rematch with Carmelo Hayes. He then ceded the mic to Lynch, who challenged Stratton and James to a handicap match.
- The Household agreed to defend their titles in opposition to The Creed Brothers, Los Lotharios and the winner between Bronco Nima and Lucien Worth and Hank and Tank.
Becky Lynch opened the present by promising Tiffany Stratton a rematch each time she needed it. The Heart of the Universe demanded it at No Mercy on September 30.
Kiana James then tried to assault The Man from behind, however she fought off each heels with a metal chair.
NXT is leaning into the time it has with Lynch. She is working each week and pushing her competitors to step as much as her. The gang went wild for her and at last dedicated to booing the apparent heel Stratton.
The Heart of the Universe remains to be exhibiting continued inconsistency on the mic, however she did not lose her confidence a minimum of. It is shocking that NXT is already pushing for a rematch between the 2 girls, however it is going to be a assured nice contest.
International Heritage Invitational: Butch vs. Tyler Bate
2 of 8
- Meta-4 confirmed off their Matrix-inspired gear. Butch interrupted Noam Dar’s Neo impression.
- On the 10-minute mark, Butch reversed the Tyler Driver 98 into considered one of his personal.
- Bate reversed the Bitter Finish right into a DDT adopted by his personal Bitter Finish for a near-fall.
- Butch bought his knees as much as counter the Spinning Boi adopted by the Bitter Finish for a stunning near-fall.
Tyler Bate and Butch confirmed what makes them particular rivals. It was back-and-forth all the way in which to the ultimate minute.
After The Huge Robust Boi kicked out of the Bitter Finish, The Bruiserweight completed him off with the Higher Finish.
Whereas Butch and Bate have had higher matches, they maintain a constant high quality, and it has been too lengthy since they’ve clashed. They introduced it throughout 11 minutes, and so they may have had thrice as lengthy.
The Bruiserweight wanted to win right here to make the match matter. Bate can get a shot at Noam Dar any time, however Butch is more likely to return to the primary roster quickly. He wanted a highlight for his spectacular work.
The Huge Robust Boi confirmed as soon as once more why he could also be too good for NXT at this level. He may steal the present on Uncooked or SmackDown at any time.
Butch def. Bate by pinfall to win Group A within the International Heritage Invitational.
International Heritage Invitational: Joe Coffey (w/ Gallus) vs. Duke Hudson (w/ Andre Chase)
3 of 8
- Joe escaped outdoors after Hudson started to construct again momentum. He caught The MVP on the apron after which planted him with a missile dropkick.
- After the shock consequence, Frazer was hyped backstage for a Triple Menace tiebreaker. He sprinted off to arrange.
- Thea Hail went procuring with Jacy Jayne and located her good new look.
Joe Coffey loved beating down Duke Hudson an excessive amount of on this match.
Nevertheless, it gave The MVP a gap, and he stole the win by ducking All of the Finest for the Bells and stacking up the Gallus chief for a three-count.
It might have been good to see an extended bout, however this was nonetheless a strong dash. The shock consequence made issues attention-grabbing. It was an odd transfer to have a tiebreaker run-off in a match this lengthy, however the match was sure to be good.
Of the three males remaining in Group B, Nathan Frazer is probably the most excessive profile, however Joe and Hudson may use the highlight extra.
Hudson def. Joe by pinfall, resulting in a three-way tie in Group B of the International Heritage Invitational.
Roxanne Perez vs. Lola Vice (w/ Elektra Lopez)
4 of 8
- Perez supplied to tag up with Becky Lynch after her match, however her shoulder was too bruised for The Man to let her.
- In a pre-taped video, Eddy Thorpe challenged Dijak to a strap match.
Lola Vice challenged Roxanne Perez greater than anybody may have anticipated, however The Prodigy caught the MMA star with a roll-up for 3.
The purpose was to raise Vice with out taking away from Perez. This match actually served its goal. That is the most effective Vice has seemed up to now, highlighting her MMA background all through.
The Prodigy may have gotten in additional offense right here, however with 4 minutes, the 2 knew it was necessary to showcase the favourite within the Ladies’s Breakout Match.
Perez def. Vice by pinfall.
Carmelo Hayes vs. ‘Soiled’ Dominik Mysterio
5 of 8
- Earlier within the evening, Mysterio tried to persuade Trick Williams they had been alike and may work collectively.
- Soiled Dom attacked Melo earlier than the bell, however The A Champion fought proper again. The referee barely discovered time to begin the match.
- Mysterio caught Melo with a 619. The A Champion ducked his frog splash try then each tumbled to the ground.
- Backstage, Schism tried to recruit Trick Williams, however he wasn’t .
- In an interview later, Mustafa Ali decried Dragon getting a title shot earlier than him.
- On his means out, Melo warned Dragunov that he would put him in his place.
“Soiled” Dominik Mysterio struggled to search out a gap in opposition to Carmelo Hayes till The A Champion by chance threw him into Ilja Dragunov on commentary.
The Mad Dragon struck, laying out Soiled Dom to trigger a disqualification.
Afterward, the NXT North American titleholder threw Melo right into a Torpedo Moscow from Dragunov then bailed. Dragon Lee laid him out and stood tall with Dom’s belt.
This was a strong if unspectacular efficiency from each males. Melo and Mysterio began off shortly, however the motion couldn’t maintain that tempo as soon as the bell rang. These two didn’t have sufficient chemistry to promote the time they bought.
Neither man may afford to lose, so NXT took the cop-out end. Whereas Mysterio can maintain maintain this over Melo, the prospect of those two combating once more isn’t all that thrilling.
Subsequent week, NXT wants one thing greater for Melo vs. Dragunov. This feud ought to really feel greater, however Becky Lynch has taken a few of their highlight.
Mysterio def. Melo by DQ.
International Heritage Invitational: Nathan Frazer vs. Duke Hudson vs. Joe Coffey
6 of 8
- Andre Chase gave Hudson a giant pep discuss simply earlier than this match.
- Frazer laid out each males with a operating clothesline after which a tope to the ground.
- Hudson almost stole the win once more by sending Frazer to the ground and stacking up Joe, however the Gallus chief kicked out.
- Scrypts, Bronco Nima and Lucien Worth gained cash in road cube video games. In a follow-up interview, Hank Walker and Tank Ledger promised to beat them subsequent week.
- Baron Corbin bought into an argument with Josh Briggs backstage after Corbin made enjoyable of him and Brooks Jensen for shedding final week.
Duke Hudson threw round his extra adorned opponents for some time, however he couldn’t overcome their pace and energy.
Nathan Frazer hit him with a Phoenix Splash, after which Joe Coffey threw out Frazer and hit All of the Finest for the Bells to win Group B.
The true Group B remaining was considerably higher and extra concerned than the primary dash. This was wild motion, showcasing what makes Frazer so particular. He continually pushed the tempo on this match.
That isn’t to remove from both different competitor. Hudson delivers each time when taking part in to the gang, and Joe seemed higher on this match than he has for his complete NXT run up to now, delivering with a assorted transfer set.
Joe most likely ought to have simply defeated Hudson to maintain his dominant streak going, however followers bought a greater match out of this reserving by the tip. The Gallus chief ought to have his greatest match on NXT TV subsequent week in opposition to Butch.
Joe def. Hudson and Frazer by pinfall to win Group B of the Heritage Cup Invitational.
Becky Lynch and Lyra Valkyria vs. Tiffany Stratton and Kiana James
7 of 8
- James and Stratton bonded backstage over making one another higher.
- Lynch and Valkyria seemed like an skilled group. They moved collectively easily, and The Man performed coach on the apron when she was not competing.
- The Heart of the Universe hit a senton bomb on The Valkyrie. Lynch barely stopped the three-count.
Tiffany Stratton and Kiana James attacked Becky Lynch from behind earlier than the bell. Lyra Valkyria made the save to arrange a tag group match.
The Man hit James with a Manhandle Slam adopted by The Valkyrie’s diving splash to win it.
After the end, Stratton struck Valkyria and Lynch with a metal chair. The Man demanded their rematch at No Mercy be contested below Excessive Guidelines.
It was a foregone conclusion from the opening phase that Valkyria would assist Lynch in the primary occasion, however that didn’t take away the impression of the match. This battle felt necessary and highlighted the highest girls in NXT.
WWE put over The Valkyrie in a giant means, giving her the pinfall. It might not be shocking if she was the following up for the title. She is probably the most credible lady outdoors of Stratton to defeat Lynch.
It seems to be like Lynch vs. Stratton might be the primary occasion at No Mercy, particularly with the added Excessive Guidelines stipulation. This shall be a significant check for The Heart of the Universe, who has restricted expertise in stipulation contests.
Lynch and Valkyria def. Stratton and James by pinfall.
8 of 8
Whereas final week was extra hyped, this week’s NXT may need been a fair higher present high to backside. The thrilling excessive of Becky Lynch’s win made this follow-up episode really feel massive regardless of much less hype for the cardboard.
The Man helped elevate Lyra Valkyria as a future challenger whereas setting the stage for an necessary NXT Ladies’s Championship rematch at No Mercy.
The International Heritage Invitational reached its finals with the 2 greatest matches of all the match. Butch and Joe Coffey are big-time contenders coming off their group victories.
Surprisingly, the one actual down second of the evening was the overlong battle of Carmelo Hayes and Dominik Mysterio. They don’t have sufficient chemistry for a critical feud past this bout.
The stage has been set for No Mercy as the most important present NXT has produced in years. That’s due to exhibits like this, which proceed to construct the legacy of the model and contemporary high stars.
General Grade: B+