WWE NXT Outcomes: Winners, Dwell Grades, Response and Highlights From Oct. 10
0 of 8
John Cena appeared in NXT for the very first time.Credit score: WWE.com.
The October 10 version of WWE NXT didn’t have a particular title or big title matches at stake, however it might nonetheless have been essentially the most hyped episode ever.
John Cena appeared on the WWE Efficiency Middle for the primary time, standing within the nook of Carmelo Hayes for his match with Bron Breakker. Paul Heyman was within the nook of Breakker.
Cody Rhodes made a “main announcement,” opening the present throughout its commercial-free first half-hour.
Asuka returned to the gold model to problem Roxanne Perez, who wanted to get via The Empress of Tomorrow to face Kiana James.
Butch and Ridge Holland competed alongside Tyler Bate in a Pub Guidelines match towards Gallus. Lola Vice and Dani Palmer confronted off in a first-round matchup within the Girls’s Breakout Event.
WWE wished the world tuning in for this present, even teasing a legendary look from The Undertaker. Might the present stay as much as the hype?
Cody Rhodes Publicizes Return of Tournaments, Books NXT Title Match
1 of 8
- Rhodes’ entrance was simply the loudest the NXT crowd within the Efficiency Middle has sounded because it sang alongside to his theme.
- Dragunov obtained “Pleased Birthday” chants with out having to say it was his birthday.
- The followers additionally absolutely dedicated to booing Soiled Dom to the purpose that Rhodes needed to get everybody to speak via it to keep away from working out of time.
Cody Rhodes introduced the return of the Males’s Breakout Event and Dusty Traditional. He then instructed the NXT Universe that he can be the visitor common supervisor for NXT for Tuesday’s present.
Ilja Dragunov arrived to point out respect to The American Nightmare. “Soiled” Dominik Mysterio and Rhea Ripley arrived and challenged The Mad Dragon. Rhodes made an NXT Championship match official with visitor referee LA Knight.
So far as hype promos, NXT has hardly ever had one which felt this massive. Rhodes in NXT definitely felt bigger than life. He performed off Dragunov properly and saved the tempo shifting on a packed night time.
The precise bulletins by Rhodes weren’t fairly as “main” as promised since each tournaments had been already anticipated. Nonetheless, WWE made up for it by reserving a shock NXT Championship match.
Whereas it’s normally higher to begin with motion, particularly with no commercials for the primary half-hour, this section bought the significance of the night time.
Roxanne Perez vs. Asuka
2 of 8
- Shotzi arrived to affix commentary and introduced that she and Scarlett can be internet hosting Halloween Havoc Night time 1.
- Perez tried to commerce roll-up makes an attempt with The Empress, however she obtained rolled into an Asuka Lock. The Prodigy barely escaped.
- Asuka confirmed respect to Perez afterward with a brief bow.
Roxanne Perez fought onerous towards Asuka, however she was merely outmatched.
The Empress of Tomorrow blasted her opponent with a collection of kicks, ending with a roundhouse that knocked out The Prodigy. The three-count was tutorial.
Shotzi took out Kiana James, who tried to put out Perez afterward.
This felt means too brief, even when Asuka is seen as working at a better stage than Perez. The 2 barely went six minutes. It was a easy battle however didn’t have time to achieve a prime gear.
At the very least, there was no business interruption, permitting them to inform an entire story with what time they’d. These two can have a significantly better match in a yr’s time when Perez is headed to the principle roster.
Shotzi’s involvement felt tacked on to maintain an unpredictable environment for the beginning of the match. However she may benefit from one other run in NXT if she desires to stay round.
Asuka def. Perez by pinfall.
Pub Guidelines: Brawling Brutes and Tyler Bate vs. Gallus
3 of 8
- Each groups hyped one another backstage earlier than the match. Gallus attacked the faces throughout their entrance to begin the struggle quick.
- Butch stabbed Joe within the hand with a dart from a board set within the nook.
- This bout had the primary business break of the night time about 60 seconds earlier than the 30-minute mark.
- All three faces hits simultaneous Beats of the Bodhrán on the heels. Later, they obtained all of the heels in submissions on the identical time, working easily collectively.
- Bate barely saved Butch from a three-count after he took Gallus’ workforce finisher.
Butch, Ridge Holland and Tyler Bate labored so properly collectively that The Huge Robust Boi appeared like a Brawling Brute himself. Gallus couldn’t match up.
Wolfgang and Mark Coffey went down exterior. The babyfaces then completed it with a triple powerbomb on Joe Coffey via a desk.
This was a pure brawl. It was pure chaos, highlighted by moments of in-sequence offense between the opponents. The one miss by NXT could have been not making this the opener and avoiding the business break slicing into their time.
WWE has a possibility off this win to usher in Bate to The Brawling Brutes. He has waited too lengthy to get his shot on the principle roster, and he has chemistry with Butch that even Sheamus and Holland can not match.
Gallus misplaced one other massive match and fell additional down the cardboard. Joe, Mark and Wolfgang might have to depart NXT simply to regain some credibility. This group can be prepared for a much bigger highlight.
Bate, Butch and Holland def. Gallus by pinfall.
John Cena Practically Offers Bron Breakker an Angle Adjustment
4 of 8
- Cena was genuinely moved by the raucous response from the gang, who even sang his theme.
- NXT confirmed an awesome vignette on the historical past of Becky Lynch and Lyra Valkyria, together with footage of them coaching collectively in 2018.
- Throughout a backstage interview, Tegan Nox instructed Valkyria to provide her the subsequent NXT Girls’s Championship match first, however The Valkyrie refused.
- The Household satisfied Cody Rhodes to e book a Bada Bing, Bada Growth Battle Royal subsequent week to find out the No. 1 contender tag workforce for Halloween Havoc.
John Cena put over the significance of NXT earlier than Bron Breakker interrupted. The 2 got here to blows.
Breakker went for a Spear, however The Champ evaded it. He went for an Angle Adjustment, however the former NXT champion ducked exterior.
This complete section was pointless on an evening with restricted house. Cena taking part in off Breakker offers the rising star a rub that he can carry to the principle roster, but it surely felt added-on with a foremost occasion already promised for later.
It was odd to not have Carmelo Hayes concerned because the match later was imagined to be Breakker vs. Melo. As a substitute, Breakker appeared weak working away from Cena.
NXT Championship: Ilja Dragunov (c) vs. Dominik Mysterio (Ref: LA Knight)
5 of 8
- Simply earlier than this match, in an interview with McKenzie Mitchell, Corbin known as Dragunov a coward for not giving him a title shot.
- Knight appeared out-of-place on this situation, particularly since he didn’t get to speak for himself earlier than or after.
- Ripley distracted Knight to permit Soiled Dom to rake the eyes and throw Dragunov into the underside rope.
- Mysterio slapped Dragunov within the face, which set off The Mad Dragon. He beat down the challenger with brutal chops.
- Knight threw out each Bálor and McDonagh. Trick Williams obtained concerned to cease Ripley from attacking Dragunov.
- Corbin confronted Cody Rhodes later, demanding an NXT Championship match. The American Nightmare instructed him he would want to beat Dijak and the winner of Carmelo Hayes vs. Bron Breakker subsequent week to earn a No. 1 contender shot.
- Nathan Frazer confronted Soiled Dom backstage, making his declare for a title shot.
LA Knight saved Rhea Ripley, Finn Bálor and JD McDonagh out of the motion, permitting Ilja Dragunov to push Dominik Mysterio.
The Mad Dragon received it with an H-Bomb and Torpedo Moscow.
Baron Corbin arrived to problem Dragunov, however Dijak struck first, laying out The Mad Dragon and calling his shot for the NXT Championship.
Everybody seems to be higher working with Dragunov, however severe credit score goes to Soiled Dom for the most effective performances of his profession. He went move-for-move along with his rival for many of this.
Whereas the overbooking was inevitable, it was saved to the final minute. The remaining was a bodily battle of two males on the rise in numerous methods, and it was an awesome showcase of why Dragunov needs to be NXT champion for a very long time.
Knight’s involvement was a bit distracting, although, as he had no cause to become involved. However he performed the referee position properly and by no means slowed the motion.
Dragunov def. Mysterio by pinfall to retain the NXT Championship.
Girls’s Breakout Event: Lola Vice (w/ Elektra Lopez) vs. Dani Palmer
6 of 8
- The gang was all behind Vice, together with a “Lola’s gonna kill you” chant.
- Jacy Jayne interrupted the Chase U class earlier than saying that Andre Chase and Duke Hudson can be within the No. 1 Contender match subsequent week.
- Brian Pillman’s son defined why he was now taking the final title King in WWE, highlighting his hatred of his father’s legacy.
- Many ladies confirmed respect to Asuka later. Tiffany Stratton obtained into it with Fallon Henley after interrupting her interplay with The Empress of Tomorrow.
Lola Vice beat down on Dani Palmer all through this contest, slowing her simply sufficient to open up a window for the victory.
Palmer escaped a choke maintain however ran proper right into a spin kick to seal her defeat.
This was essentially the most conventional NXT match of the night time. Two girls who’re nonetheless placing it collectively did their finest with their time. It obtained extra time than anticipated regardless of solely going 4 minutes as Vice dominated.
The execution was sloppy, however Vice is clearly readier than Palmer within the ring. She simply wants extra time to point out her true upside.
Vice def. Palmer by pinfall to advance to the semifinals of the Girls’s Breakout Event.
Carmelo Hayes (w/ John Cena) vs. Bron Breakker (w/ Paul Heyman)
7 of 8
- Cena talked to Melo and Trick Williams backstage earlier than taking the latter off-screen to debate his issues.
- Heyman was seen talking with Ava in a non-public room. He later gave Breakker a pep speak earlier than the principle occasion.
- Breakker planted Melo with a army press slam for a near-fall. The Badass tried to make use of the metal steps, however Cena took them away and punched Breakker.
After a aggressive match, Bron Breakker had Carmelo Hayes on the ropes. A distraction at ringside despatched John Cena and Solo Sikoa brawling to the again, and Melo caught Breakker with Nothin’ However Internet to win.
Afterward, “The American Badass” Undertaker arrived on a motorcycle to confront The Badass. He laid out Breakker with a proper hand and chokeslam. The WWE icon warned him that he simply met the most important “badass” within the enterprise after which helped Melo stand tall.
Whereas Breakker and Hayes are the 2 prime guys in NXT, they’re solely good collectively. They each have higher rivals throughout the roster. This was stable from each, higher than their Stand & Ship match however not fairly a showstopper.
NXT didn’t give away an excessive amount of early when it got here to Undertaker’s shock arrival, however there have been sufficient whispers going round to count on it. It was a cute second however most likely will not result in something as he ought to stay retired.
The purpose was finally to spotlight the faces of NXT, and so they offered themselves properly. Cena and Paul Heyman had been principally superfluous however possibly drew extra eyes to the match.
Hayes def. Breakker by pinfall to earn a spot within the NXT Championship No. 1 Contender match subsequent week.
8 of 8
What NXT did this week will not be sustainable for the model, but it surely may very well be the push wanted to get it lasting consideration. Cody Rhodes and John Cena put over the gold model in a giant means that ought to resonate with informal followers.
The most effective match of the night time was Ilja Dragunov vs. Dominik Mysterio, each NXT regulars as of late. It confirmed why The Mad Dragon is the highest man.
The present additionally featured stable contests together with Carmelo Hayes vs. Bron Breakker and The Brawling Brutes vs. Gallus. Extra importantly, it saved a give attention to the long run tales of NXT going into Halloween Havoc.
The purpose was to ship a memorable night time and produce new eyes to the product. Whereas the ultimate viewership numbers will determine if that was successful, NXT had an excellent night time by its personal commonplace.
If the rising NXT can maintain this momentum shifting, WWE may have a real third model for the long run that may create lasting stars for the subsequent technology.
Total Grade: A-