The UFC’s first go to to Sydney in virtually six years is official after Friday morning’s weigh-ins on the Qudus Financial institution Area.
The 2 males within the featured combat, middleweight champion Israel Adesanya and prime contender Sean Strickland, each made championship weight, even when Strickland required the usage of the towel to hit the 185-pound championship weight. Elsewhere, house nation favorite Tai Tuivasa took virtually each ounce of the heavyweight restrict, weighing in at 265.5 kilos for his conflict with Russia’s Alexander Volkov who tipped the scales slightly below 263-pounds.
The remainder of the rivals hit their weights with out incident apart from Shane Younger who got here in at virtually 150-pounds for a featherweight combat towards Gabriel Miranda — virtually 4-pounds over the non-title division restrict. The bout is predicted to proceed at catchweight, with Younger forfeiting 30% of his purse.
Lastly, Dublin’s personal Kiefer Crosbie efficiently hit the welterweight restrict for his UFC debut combat towards French fighter (and Metropolis Kickboxing veteran) Kevin Jousset.
The total UFC 293 weigh-in outcomes are:
- (C) Israel Adesanya (184.8) vs. Sean Strickland (184.9)
- Tai Tuivasa (265.6) vs. Alexander Volkov (262.95)
- Felipe dos Santos (125.4) vs. Manel Kape (126)
- Austen Lane (242.3) vs. Justin Tafa (265.2)
- Tyson Pedro (205.45) vs. Anton Turkalj (205.35)
- Da Woon Jung (205.3) vs. Carlos Ulberg (204.7)
- Jack Jenkins (145.85) vs. Chepe Mariscal (145.85)
- John Makdessi (155.1) vs. Jamie Mullarkey (155.35)
- Nasrat Haqparast (155.85) vs. Landon Quinones (155.75)
- Blood Diamond (170.25) vs. Charlie Radtke (170.3
- Gabriel Miranda (144.95) vs. Shane Younger (149.75) — Younger missed weight
- Kiefer Crosbie (170.85) vs. Kevin Jousset (170.5)