Take a look at this week’s “Spinning Again Clique,” MMA Junkie’s weekly stay present that takes a spin by way of the most important subjects in combined martial arts. This week’s panel of Danny Segura, Brian “Goze” Garcia, and Dan Tom will be part of host “Beautiful” George Garcia stay at midday ET (9 a.m. PT) to debate and debate:
- UFC on ABC 4 produced two nice performances from the winners of the primary and co-main occasions, Jailton Almeida and Johnny Walker, respectively. Almeida made quick work of heavy-handed Jairzinho Rozenstruick, whereas Walker bested one-time UFC title challenger Anthony Smith. Though there may be nonetheless a number of mountain left to climb for each Brazilian fighters, which do you consider in additional to probably win a UFC title?
- The trailer for “The Ultimate Fighter 31” is out, and it options Conor McGregor giving Michael Chandler a tough shove throughout their faceoff. However right here’s the factor: The season premieres Could 30 on ESPN, and we STILL don’t have a booking between the coaches. All UFC president Dana White may say this previous weekend is “I don’t know” when requested in regards to the hold-up, and that the UFC “will probably be working very onerous to place the combat collectively.” How necessary is it for McGregor and Chandler to combat one another, and are you involved at this level?
- Did you see the primary Jake Paul vs. Nate Diaz press conference final week? It was held inside an empty American Airways Middle with out followers in Dallas, and it didn’t feature the flying F-bombs and trash talk between the 2 guys you’ll’ve anticipated. Many felt that it fell flat by way of creating buzz for the August fifth boxing match. Do you agree with that?
- Add Mike Perry to the present checklist of MMA free brokers. Perry, who had a stable UFC run, has actually discovered his groove in bare-knuckle combating, going undefeated in three bouts and drawing many eyeballs to BKFC. He said in a recent MMA Junkie Radio interview that he want to field, hasn’t closed the door on MMA and actually loves bare-knuckle combating. In case you have been advising “Platinum,” the place would you level him to and who would you wish to see him compete towards?
- Cris Cyborg lastly re-signed with Bellator this past week. The transfer ends a interval of uncertainty for the 37-year-old featherweight champion who fought out her contract in April of final 12 months. Neither Kayla Harrison nor Amanda Nunes combat beneath the Bellator banner, though Cat Zingano does. Guys, thumbs up or thumbs down on Cyborg re-signing with Bellator?
“Spinning Again Clique” is launched every Monday LIVE on MMA Junkie’s YouTube channel. You’ll be able to watch this week’s episode within the video above.