Our “Spinning Again Clique” panel discusses Francis Ngannou’s loss to Tyson Fury and its impression on boxing and MMA, seems to be forward to the reshuffled UFC 295 and extra.
Try this week’s “Spinning Again Clique,” MMA Junkie’s weekly stay present that takes a spin via the largest matters in combined martial arts.
This week’s panel of Brian “Goze” Garcia, Mike Bohn and Danny Segura will be part of host “Attractive” George Garcia stay at midday ET (9 a.m. PT) to debate and debate:
- Tyson Fury escaped Francis Ngannou’s boxing debut with a split decision win, however he additionally was knocked down by the previous UFC heavyweight champ, was minimize, and usually didn’t appear to be the sort of fighter considered the very best heavyweight boxer on the earth. However this was all about how good Ngannou appeared, and we’ll break down the efficiency.
- Ngannou left the UFC whereas nonetheless heavyweight champion in a contract dispute and signed with the PFL. He’s anticipated to return to MMA below that banner in 2024 – however his better-than-expected boxing debut towards Fury has most people jonesing to see him box next as a substitute of have a cagefight. What do we predict his best choice is?
- Despite the fact that Dana White mentioned Ngannou had a suggestion to be the highest paid UFC heavyweight of all time, he left the promotion and signed with the PFL – a promotion that gave him the OK to additionally field, which was a sticking level on the UFC facet – for a bunch of cash, plus stake in the company as a world government. His struggle with Fury was for a reported $10 million assured, plus pay-per-view backend. And within the meantime, whereas he was off discovering loads of success and newfound sports activities stardom outdoors MMA, his former house’s new heavyweight champion, Jon Jones, needed to pull out of subsequent week’s UFC 295 at Madison Sq. Backyard with an damage. With Ngannou’s success, and the near-term mess at heavyweight within the UFC, is the UFC left with egg on its face?
- Ngannou was the “Baddest Man on the Planet” when he was the UFC’s heavyweight champion. He left the UFC, and usually talking that title hasn’t been bestowed on MMA fighters outdoors the UFC. Which means present heavyweight champ Jon Jones can lay declare to that moniker. However so, too, can Tyson Fury, the WBC’s heavyweight boxing champion … whom Ngannou knocked down Saturday. So does the mathematics work out that Ngannou has that fight sports activities dangerous man title now?
- Jon Jones needed to pull out of the UFC 295 main event heavyweight title struggle towards ex-champ Stipe Miocic with an damage that was caught on digicam. As an alternative of placing Miocic in an interim title struggle that Dana White mentioned can be insulting to him, Sergei Pavlovich faces Tom Aspinall for an interim belt. The winner then will look ahead to Jones to return from his damage, which is predicted to be no less than eight months. Did the UFC make the proper strikes with all this insanity solely a pair weeks earlier than one in every of its annual tentpole occasions?
- … and way more.
“Spinning Again Clique” is launched every Monday LIVE on MMA Junkie’s YouTube channel at midday ET. You may as well discover every episode in your favourite podcast platforms – together with Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Google Podcasts, and extra – on Tuesday mornings.
You’ll want to go to the MMA Junkie Instagram web page and YouTube channel to debate this and extra content material with followers of combined martial arts.