The Miami Marlins on Wednesday introduced the membership has prolonged Main League Spring Coaching invites to the next 27 gamers:
- Left-handed pitchers (6): Enmanuel De Jesus *, Dax Fulton, Robert Garcia, Devin Smeltzer *, Will Stewart *, and Jefry Yan *
- Proper-handed pitchers (6): Dylan Bice *, Enrique Burgos *, Chi Chi Gonzalez *, Geoff Hartlieb *, Bryan Hoeing, and Eury Perez
- Catchers (5): Austin Allen *, Will Banfield, Santiago Chavez *, Paul McIntosh, and Jan Mercado
- Infielders (8): Jacob Berry, Alex De Goti *, Garrett Hampson *, CJ Hinojosa *, Troy Johnston, Charles Leblanc, Nasim Nunez, and Joe Rizzo *
- Outfielders (2): Jake Mangum and Brian Miller
* denotes Minor League free brokers signed with an invite to camp
Of the 27 gamers, 10 have Main League service time: Allen, 1.065 (San Diego and Oakland); Burgos, 1.052, (Arizona); De Goti, 0.007, (Houston); Gonzalez, 4.019, (Texas, Colorado, Minnesota, Milwaukee, and New York-AL) ; and Hampson, 4.030, (Colorado), Hartlieb, 1.130 (Pittsburgh and New York-NL), Hoeing, 0.027 (Miami) Leblanc, 0.069, (Miami), Miller, 0.007 (Miami), and Smeltzer, 2.098 (Minnesota).
Marlins pitchers and catchers are scheduled to have their first exercise on Thursday, Feb. 16, and the primary full-squad exercise is scheduled to happen on Tuesday, February 21.
Miami will open Grapefruit League play on Saturday, Feb. 25, on the New York Mets after which host the St. Louis Cardinals on Sunday, Feb. 26, for his or her first house Spring Coaching sport.