Former Crimson Tide guard Darius Miles was arrested and charged with capital homicide on Sunday morning. The Commodores (9-9, 2-3 SEC) had simply defeated then-No. 15 Arkansas on Saturday. There have been loads of causes that Alabama (16-2, 6-0 SEC) might have misplaced this sport.
However it didn’t.
As a substitute, it was enterprise as traditional for the Crimson Tide, who gained its seventh consecutive contest. Alabama continues to be undefeated in convention play.
Vanderbilt was with out its greatest participant, ahead Liam Robbins, who was dominated out shortly earlier than tipoff with an ankle harm. Robbins was main the Commodores in scoring, rebounding and blocks coming into Tuesday evening.
Vanderbilt was horrific offensively, taking pictures simply 30% from the sector and 18% from 3-point vary. Tyrin Lawrence led the Commodores with 20 factors however shot simply 4-for-16.
In his homecoming, Brandon Miller was phenomenal but once more. Miller led the Crimson Tide in scoring and rebounding with 30 factors (10-for-16 FG, 4-for-9 3PT) and 10 rebounds. The one different dependable scoring possibility for Alabama was Jaden Bradley who completed with 12 factors (6-for-9) and three assists.
The offense has been stellar the previous few video games for the Crimson Tide. It wasn’t on Tuesday evening. Alabama shot 44% from the sector and 27% from deep whereas turning the ball over 14 occasions.
Subsequent up, the Crimson Tide will head to Columbia, Missouri for a date with the Missouri Tigers. Tipoff is ready for Saturday, Jan. 21 at 5 p.m. CT on the SEC Community.
The way it Occurred
- FINAL: Alabama 78 | Vanderbilt 66
- The Crimson Tide lead has been trimmed to only eight with somewhat over a minute to go.
- Alabama 68 | Vanderbilt 60 | 1:12 2nd
- Noah Clowney has fouled out.
- Ultimate media timeout of the evening. This one appears to be all however over. The Commodores simply do not have sufficient offense to recover from the hump right here.
- Alabama 64 | Vanderbilt 49 | 3:58 2nd
- Noah Clowney picks up his fourth foul with simply over 5 minutes to go.
- Ugly offense proper now for the Crimson Tide. 4 turnovers within the final 5:17 and scoreless for two:09. The Commodores are inching nearer with every possession.
- Alabama 56 | Vanderbilt 41 | 7:27 2nd
Scroll to Proceed
- Nate Oats has been assessed a technical foul.
- Possibly we’re not via but. After the Crimson Tide went up 23, the Commodores have put collectively a 7-0 run to trim the lead.
- Alabama 53 | Vanderbilt 37 | 11:06 2nd
- 7-0 run for the Crimson Tide extends the result in 20 — and the followers in crimson and white erupt. Commodores have not scored in almost 4 minutes.
- Alabama 50 | Vanderbilt 30 | 13:28 2nd
- Each groups struggling offensively to start the second half. Crimson Tide scoreless the final 2:04 — Commodores have not made a FG in 3:26.
- Alabama 43 | Vanderbilt 30 | 15:28 2nd
- Alabama begins with the ball to start out the second half
- The Crimson Tide was nowhere close to good on the offensive finish within the first half — a lot to do with Mark Sears being on the bench for almost half the body. The Commodores had one good stretch on offense. Apart from that — it has been ugly.
- HALFTIME: Alabama 36 | Vanderbilt 26
- A ten-0 run for the Crimson Tide has the lead again out to 9 factors. The Commodores are ice chilly — scoreless for the final 4:19.
- Alabama 31 | Vanderbilt 22 | 3:46 1st
- Brandon Miller is as much as 12 factors (5-for-6 FG, 2-for-3 3PT) already.
- After beginning 1-for-10, the Commodores have gone 8-for-15 since — and now have the lead.
- Vanderbilt 22 | Alabama 21 | 7:51 1st
- Because the quick begin, it has been all Commodores. The Crimson Tide has made simply certainly one of its final eight makes an attempt. Mark Sears being on the bench has had a big effect.
- Alabama 15 | Vanderbilt 13 | 10:56 1st
- The Crimson Tide has come out of the gates scorching scorching on each ends. Commodores simply 1-for-10 from the sector up to now.
- Alabama 9 | Vanderbilt 3 | 15:06 1st
- Two fast fouls on Mark Sears. Jahvon Quinerly replaces him.
- Vanderbilt wins the tip and we’re underway.
- Tonight’s Officers
- Pat Adams
- Rob Rorke
- Doug Sirmons
- Beginning Lineup for Alabama:
- Mark Sears
- Jaden Bradley
- Brandon Miller
- Noah Clowney
- Charles Bediako
- Vanderbilt ahead Liam Robbins is OUT with a sprained ankle. The 7-footer was main the Commodores in factors (13.2), rebounds (5.9) and blocks (2.9) per sport.
- BamaCentral’s Austin Hannon and Blake Byler are each in attendance at Memorial Gymnasium.
In This Article (1)
Alabama Crimson Tide