Sega has launched one other spherical of fixes for Sonic Origins – the writer’s disappointing assortment of basic Sonic platformers – this time taking purpose at Sonic the Hedgehog 2’s troublesome Tails AI.
Sonic Origins was, to place it politely, a little bit of a multitude when it launched earlier this yr, and was suffering from sufficient presentational and technical points – as extensively documented by Digital Foundry’s John Linneman – that its developer publicly hit out at Sega, saying it was “very sad” on the state the sport had been launched in.
Since then, Sega has been working to repair a few of Origins’ extra egregious issues, and its newest patch – formally referred to as replace 1.04 – leads with an try and treatment a broadly reported AI situation that will repeatedly trigger Tails to goes off-screen in Sonic the Hedgehog 2, unable to rejoin the motion.
Past that, patch 1.04 guarantees plenty of different miscellaneous bug fixes, plus corrections to varied mislabelled soundtrack names within the museum, and an replace to the Blue Sphere music that ought to now make it play on the appropriate velocity.
1.04 is not all bug fixes nevertheless; it additionally makes plenty of new Sonic Mania codes suitable with Sonic the Hedgehog 3’s sound take a look at characteristic, as detailed by TheOcelot01 on Twitter:
- 6214 – disables Tremendous Sonic music
- 19790811 – turns all enemies into squirrels “Ricky” when defeated
- 19921124 – infinite continues (works in Traditional mode)
- 20170815 – fly whereas Tremendous Sonic (Egg Reverie Motion)
- 19930923 – prompts Tremendous Peel-Out
- 47891 – turns all merchandise containers into query mark merchandise containers so what you get is random
- 19910623 – adjustments flame, bubble, and lightning merchandise containers into Sonic 2 shields
- 00000000 – removes all rings, merchandise containers, and particular stage rings
- 19940202 – adjustments title display screen and zone title playing cards to “Sonic The Hedgehog 3”, eradicating “& Knuckles”
- 19900306 – turns all Badniks into the penguin Badnik from Ice Cap
- 32160 – offers Sonic drop sprint and insta-shield in Competitors mode, offers regular one-player mode physics in Competitors mode, permits Knuckles to glide in Competitors mode
Sonic Origins’ 1.04 replace is offered now on all platforms.