Essentially the most intriguing struggle of Kayla Harrison’s profession to date has been derailed.
Former Bellator titleholder Julia Budd (16-4) has suffered an damage and has been pressured to withdraw from the 2022 PFL 6 headliner in opposition to two-time PFL ladies’s light-weight champion and two-time Olympic gold medalist Harrison (13-0).
Stepping in to interchange Budd on the July 1 card, which takes place at Extra time Elite Enviornment in Atlanta will likely be longtime veteran Kaitlin Young (12-12-1).
MMA Junkie verified information of the change with an individual near the state of affairs following an preliminary report from ESPN. The particular person requested anonymity as a result of the promotion has but to make an official announcement.
Harrison is in pursuit of her third consecutive PFL season title. She opened her 2022 marketing campaign with a unanimous determination win over Marina Mokhnatkina at 2022 PFL 3 in Could. Seeking to pull a monumental upset will likely be Younger, who hasn’t competed since an October loss to Budd.
The most recent 2022 PFL 6 lineup now contains:
- Kayla Harrison vs. Kaitlin Younger
- Rory MacDonald vs. Sadibou Sy
- Brett Cooper vs. Ray Cooper III
- Magomed Magomedkerimov vs. Joao Zeferino
- Jarrah Al-Silawi vs. Magomed Umalatov
- Genah Fabian vs. Larissa Pacheco
- Nikolay Aleksakhin vs. Gleison Tibau
- Marina Mokhnatkina vs. Abigail Montes
- Martina Jindrova vs. Zamzagul Fayzallanova
- Helena Kolesnyk vs. Vanessa Melo