The social media star and former UFC star are set to conflict on Saturday night time in Dallas
Jake Paul continues to make good on his promise to outbox former MMA stars. Whereas he wasn’t in a position to rating the end of Nate Diaz that he was anticipating, Paul badly outclassed his opponent once more en path to a call victory from the American Airways Heart in Dallas on Saturday.
Paul (7-1, 4 KO) timed up his photographs nicely and battered Diaz across the ring, although Diaz stayed within the combat for the length. Paul did rating a knockdown of Diaz in Spherical 5 when he caught him with a test hook that despatched Diaz into the ropes and staggering for a bit. Diaz did regain his sense and proceed to combat, however he was unable to generate sustained offense to maintain Paul off of him. Now, Paul hopes to get his revenge on Tommy Fury after the half brother of heavyweight champion Tyson Fury gave Paul his first defeat contained in the ring.
Cannot get sufficient boxing and MMA? Get the newest on the earth of fight sports activities from two of the very best within the enterprise. Subscribe to Morning Kombat with Luke Thomas and Brian Campbell for the very best evaluation and in-depth information, together with instantaneous evaluation of Paul vs. Diaz from Dallas on the conclusion of the PPV occasion.
The undercard noticed a blended bag of outcomes with 4 of the 5 fights reaching the judges’ scorecard. Undisputed ladies’s featherweight champion Amanda Serrano battered Heather Hardy en path to a unanimous choice in a rematch of their 2019 showdown. One in all Diaz’s coaching companions, Chris Avila, additionally took house a unanimous choice in a six-round contest over former UFC fighter Jeremy Stephens. The lone end got here from 19-year-old prospect Ashton Sylve as he landed a gorgeous physique shot that despatched William Silva straight to the canvas in Spherical 4.
CBS Sports activities was with you all through combat week with the newest information, in-depth options and betting recommendation to think about. Thanks for stopping by.
Paul vs. Diaz card, outcomes
- Jake Paul def. Nate Diaz through unanimous choice (97-92, 98-91, 98-91)
- Amanda Serrano (c) def. Heather Hardy through unanimous choice (99-91, 100-90, 100-90)
- Chris Avila def. Jeremy Stephens through unanimous choice (59-55, 59-55, 60-54)
- Ashton Sylve def. William Silva through KO, Spherical 4
- Shadasia Inexperienced def. Olivia Curry through unanimous choice (99-91, 100-90, 100-89)
- Alan Sanchez def. Angel Beltran through unanimous choice (77-75, 78-74, 79-73)
Paul vs. Diaz countdown
- Brookhouse: Overall fight preview, main event prediction
- Campbell: Paul looks to bounce back as crossovers lose steam
- Brookhouse: Diaz not interested in beef with Paul before fight
Our Newest Boxing Tales