Who’s Taking part in
Kansas Jayhawks @ Kentucky Wildcats
Present Information: Kansas 2-0, Kentucky 2-0
How To Watch
- When: Tuesday, November 14, 2023 at 9:30 p.m. ET
- The place: United Middle — Chicago, Illinois
- TV: ESPN
- On-line Streaming: Catch select College Basketball matches on fuboTV (Strive free of charge. Regional restrictions might apply.)
- Comply with: CBS Sports App
What to Know
Kentucky has performed each sport this season on their house court docket, however they’re going to should hit the street on Tuesday. They may tackle the Kansas Jayhawks at 9:30 p.m. ET at United Middle. Each groups come into the match bolstered by wins of their earlier matches.
Kentucky entered their contest on Friday because the heavy favourite, and so they totally lived as much as expectations. Every thing went their method in opposition to the Lions because the Wildcats made off with a 81-61 win.
Kentucky obtained their win on the backs of a number of key gamers, but it surely was Tre Mitchell out in entrance who earned 18 factors together with 8 rebounds and three steals. Antonio Reeves was one other key contributor, incomes 21 factors together with 6 rebounds.
In the meantime, successful is just a bit bit simpler when you’re employed as a staff to rack up 15 extra assists than your opponent, a reality Kansas proved on Friday. They blew previous the Jaspers, posting a 99-61 victory at house. 99 appears to be quantity for Kansas because the staff scooped up a win with the identical variety of factors of their earlier sport.
A number of gamers turned in stable performances to steer Kansas to victory, however maybe none extra so than Kevin McCullar Jr., who earned 15 factors together with 7 rebounds. One other participant making a distinction was Hunter Dickinson, who earned 18 factors together with 8 rebounds.
The Wildcats’ victory bumped their report as much as 2-0. As for the Jayhawks, the win makes it two in a row for them and bumps their season report as much as 2-0.
Kentucky got here up quick in opposition to Kansas when the groups final performed again in January, falling 77-68. Can Kentucky avenge their loss or is historical past doomed to repeat itself? We’ll discover out quickly sufficient.
Kentucky is anticipated to lose their third sport, however the staff was 4-3 because the underdog final season, so do not depend them out. Whereas their followers in all probability aren’t completely satisfied about it, betting on the staff to lose was the good play final yr, as bettors who put $100 on that end result each sport completed the season up $1,279.33. Alternatively, Kansas will play as the favourite, and the staff was 22-3 as such final season.
Kansas is a stable 5.5-point favourite in opposition to Kentucky, based on the most recent college basketball odds.
The oddsmakers had been proper according to the betting group on this one, as the sport opened as a 5.5-point unfold, and stayed proper there.
The over/underneath is about at 147.5 factors.
Collection Historical past
Kansas has received 5 out of their final 7 video games in opposition to Kentucky.
- Jan 28, 2023 – Kansas 77 vs. Kentucky 68
- Jan 29, 2022 – Kentucky 80 vs. Kansas 62
- Dec 01, 2020 – Kansas 65 vs. Kentucky 62
- Jan 26, 2019 – Kentucky 71 vs. Kansas 63
- Nov 14, 2017 – Kansas 65 vs. Kentucky 61
- Jan 28, 2017 – Kansas 79 vs. Kentucky 73
- Jan 30, 2016 – Kansas 90 vs. Kentucky 84
Damage Report for Kentucky
- Grant Darbyshire: Recreation-Time Determination (Undisclosed)
- Adou Thiero: Recreation-Time Determination (Concussion)
- Zvonimir Ivisic: Recreation-Time Determination (Not Damage Associated)
- Aaron Bradshaw: Out (Foot)
- Ugonna Onyenso: Out (Ankle)
Damage Report for Kansas
- Patrick Cassidy: Recreation-Time Determination (Ankle)
- Wilder Evers: Out (Foot)
- Zach Clemence: Out for the Season (Redshirt)