The COVID-19 vaccine by Pfizer-BioNTech would be the just one utilized in Mexico for at-risk youngsters aged 12-17. (Picture: Reuters/File)
Pfizer and BioNTech have requested US regulators to authorize emergency use of their COVID-19 vaccine for youngsters ages 5 to 11.
- Final Up to date:October 16, 2021, 09:10 IST
- FOLLOW US ON:
Pfizer Inc and BioNTech SE have requested U.S. regulators to authorize their COVID-19 vaccine for emergency use in youngsters aged 5-11, with an knowledgeable panel to the Meals and Drug Administration scheduled to fulfill later this month to evaluate knowledge.
However with many elements of the world nonetheless awaiting doses for extra susceptible individuals, the World Well being Organisation has urged nations and corporations that management the worldwide provide of the vaccines to prioritize provide to COVAX.
The next is a listing of some nations which have accepted or are contemplating vaccinating youngsters:
* In June, Denmark stated it might provide COVID-19 pictures to youngsters aged 12-15 to spice up its general immunity towards the virus.
* France has began vaccinating these from 12 years upwards, offered they’ve parental consent.
* Germany in August agreed to make vaccination accessible to all youngsters aged 12-17.
* Austria has began vaccinating youngsters aged 12-15.
* Estonia might begin vaccinating youngsters by the autumn, public broadcaster ERR reported, citing the pinnacle of the federal government’s COVID-19 council.
* Hungary began vaccinating 16 to 18-year-olds in mid-Might, based on Xinhua information company.
* Italy on Might 31 accepted extending the usage of Pfizer’s vaccine to 12-15 12 months olds.
* Lithuania’s prime minister stated the nation might begin vaccinating youngsters from age 12 in June, information website Delfi reported.
* Spain begun vaccinating youngsters between 12 and 17 years outdated round two weeks earlier than the tutorial 12 months in September, the well being minister stated.
* Swedish PM says youngsters aged 12-15 can be provided COVID vaccine later this autumn.
* Greece in July stated youngsters aged 12-15 could possibly be vaccinated towards COVID-19 with Pfizer/BioNTech and Moderna pictures.
* Finland’s capital Helsinki in June stated it would start giving COVID-19 vaccines to youngsters aged 12 to fifteen who’re liable to contracting a extreme coronavirus an infection.
* Britain’s high medical advisers in September beneficial that 12 to 15-year-olds obtain a primary dose of a COVID-19 vaccine.
* Switzerland accepted on June 4 vaccinating 12 to 15-year-olds with Pfizer’s shot, whereas Moderna’s shot was accepted in August for the age group.
* In September, Norway began to supply one dose of Pfizer and BioNTech COVID-19 vaccine to youngsters aged 12 to fifteen
* San Marino has opened vaccinations for youngsters aged 12-15, reported San Marino RTV, citing its Institute for Social Safety.
* In August, Israel on Sunday started providing a COVID-19 booster to youngsters as younger as 12.
* The United Arab Emirates stated in August rolled out China’s Sinopharm COVID-19 vaccine to youngsters aged 3-17.
* India- An advisory committee to the Indian regulator beneficial emergency use of Bharat Biotech’s COVID-19 shot within the 2 to 18 age-group. The regulator’s nod is awaited.
* Indonesia on June 28 beneficial China’s Sinovac vaccine for youngsters aged 12-17.
* New Zealand’s medicines regulator has provisionally accepted use of Pfizer’s vaccine for 12-15 12 months olds, Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern stated on June 21.
* Australia stated on Sept. 12 it would develop its COVID-19 vaccination drive to incorporate round a million youngsters aged 12-15.
* China on June 5 accepted emergency use of Sinovac’s vaccine for these between three and 17.
* Hong Kong stated on June 3 it might open its vaccine scheme to youngsters over the age of 12.
* Singapore opened up its vaccination programme to adolescents aged 12-18 from June 1.
* Japan on Might 28 accepted the usage of Pfizer’s vaccine for these aged 12 and above.
* The Philippines on Might 26 determined to permit the Pfizer-BioNTech’s vaccine for emergency use in youngsters aged 12-15.
* Jordan in July begun vaccinating youngsters aged 12 years and older towards COVID-19.
* The COVID-19 vaccine by Pfizer-BioNTech would be the just one utilized in Mexico for at-risk youngsters aged 12-17.
* Brazil on June 11 accepted use of Pfizer’s vaccine for youngsters over 12.
* Chile has accepted use of Pfizer’s vaccine for 12 to 16-year-olds.
* Pfizer and BioNTech have requested U.S. regulators to authorize emergency use of their COVID-19 vaccine for youngsters ages 5 to 11. An advisory committee to the FDA will meet later this month to evaluate the info.
* Canada in early Might accepted use of Pfizer’s vaccine to be used in youngsters aged 12-15. The nation has absolutely vaccinated extra that 80% of its eligible inhabitants ages 12 and over.
* Cuba’s vaccination marketing campaign consists of youngsters as younger as two.
* South Africa will begin vaccinating youngsters between the ages of 12 and 17 subsequent week utilizing the Pfizer vaccine