AEW Rampage Outcomes: Winners, Dwell Grades, Response, Highlights After WrestleDream
0 of 4
Welcome to Bleacher Report’s reside protection and recap of AEW Rampage on October 6.
Popping out of WrestleDream, AEW has been driving excessive following the debut of Adam Copeland, however now it is again to enterprise as normal.
Friday’s present had one match with title implications when Johnny TV, Lince Dorado, Komander and Penta all competed for a shot on the ROH world title.
We additionally noticed Kris Statlander and Hikaru Shida crew up in opposition to Nyla Rose and Marina Shafir, and an enormous eight-man tag match came about with the Hardys, Finest Pals and 4 former JAS members.
Let’s check out the whole lot that occurred on Friday’s present.
The Artists Previously Referred to as JAS vs. Hardys and Finest Pals
1 of 4
- Garcia and Hardy dancing at one another was form of humorous, but it surely would not have been as entertaining if it was anybody else. Someway, these two can get away with it.
- Seeing Hager in the identical white pants as the remainder of his teammates is bizarre. He wants his hat again, too.
- The referee counting like he was going to disqualify anybody at any level is comical. No one has ever been DQed in AEW for failing to get out of the ring once they aren’t the authorized competitor in a tag match.
Rampage opened with all eight males already within the ring and able to begin the present with this enormous tag match. Angelo Parker, Matt Menard, Jake Hager and Daniel Garcia battled Chuck Taylor, Trent Beretta, Matt and Jeff Hardy.
Tayor and Parker began for his or her groups with a fundamental lockup. They did not wait too lengthy to tag in Jeff and Garcia, who had a bit of dance contest whereas they have been combating.
This was a typical eight-man tag bout. Everybody acquired a bit of little bit of time within the ring, and we had multiple second when everybody was concerned on the similar time.
The babyfaces appeared to have the higher hand most of the time, which is considerably uncommon in a match like this. The heels often isolate one individual till they will make a sizzling tag, however that did not occur as a lot on this one.
AEW on TV @AEWonTV
Is that this the singularity?
The match ended with Garcia taking a number of ending strikes from the babyface crew earlier than Jeff completed him off with a Swanton. This was a fairly fundamental match, but it surely had a few enjoyable moments and gave the group loads to take pleasure in.
End result: Jeff Hardy pinned Daniel Garcia
Notable Moments and Observations
Johnny TV vs. Komander vs. Lince Dorado vs. Penta El Zero Miedo
2 of 4
- The video packages AEW aired for Danhausen’s return was superior.
- Penta at all times acts barely totally different when he wears his Joker gear. He looks as if he’s having extra enjoyable someway.
- Dorado’s gear and masks regarded nice. He at all times makes certain his gear is on level.
- Penta’s destroyer to Johnny TV nearly did not have a full rotation.
- Dorado hit an insane transfer on Johnny TV that in all probability would not have a reputation, but when it does, Excalibur is aware of how you can say it in a minimum of three languages.
- Kingston marking out for Komander working throughout the highest rope was nice.
Claudio Castagnoli and Wheeler Yuta competed in a fast tag crew match in opposition to two native opponents that solely served the aim of giving the BCC and straightforward win. This was fast and uneventful.
End result: The BCC gained with a Large Swing right into a dropkick
Lince Dorado made his AEW debut this week on this Deadly 4-Approach alongside Johnny TV, Komander and Penta to see who would get a shot at Eddie Kingston’s ROH world title.
Kingston was on commentary for this match per Stokely Hathaway’s directions, however he appeared like he was excited to look at the match anyway.
There was plenty of posing and taunting earlier than Komander began the motion with a superkick to Johnny TV.
All Elite Wrestling @AEW
Very, very, very, very, very good, and really evil.
All 4 of those males are able to some unimaginable aerial maneuvers, so this match was a spot fest in the very best approach. Johnny TV may not be a luchador, however he works nicely with that fashion.
Komander was in a position to safe the victory with a 450 to Dorado. This was enjoyable from begin to end and is certainly value testing in case you did not see the present.
End result: Komander defeated Dorado with a 450 splash
Notable Moments and Observations
Kris Statlander and Hikaru Shida vs. Nyla Rose and Marina Shafir
3 of 4
- Rose ought to flip babyface. She has accomplished the whole lot she will be able to do as a heel, and plenty of followers wish to cheer for her as a result of she is so likable exterior the ring.
- Shida has a particular connection to the group. She would not have to offer plenty of promos. She simply has to go on the market and get fired as much as get the group behind her.
The TBS champion was in non-title motion this week when Kris Statlander teamed up with Hikaru Shida to battle Nyla Rose and Marina Shafir.
The heels have been extra aggressive and managed the tempo extra typically, however this wasn’t a one-sided battle till Rose took out Statlander by sending her off the apron into the barricade.
Through the break, Rose and Shafir dominated the previous AEW ladies’s champion whereas Stat tried to recuperate in her nook.
This match was fantastic. It was nothing to write down dwelling about, but it surely was a good match to finish the present. The ladies have been main-eventing Rampage lots lately, which is nice as a result of AEW has wanted to do a greater job that includes its ladies’s division for a very long time.
Shida despatched a message to Saraya by utilizing her finisher to win the match for her crew.
End result: Shida defeated Shafir with Saraya’s ending transfer
Notable Moments and Observations
The Last Phrase
4 of 4
This week’s Rampage was a really “Enterprise as normal” form of present. Nothing actually stood out as being particularly good or unhealthy, so it was proper down the center.
Seeing as AEW is simply coming off of WrestleDream and considered one of its greatest debuts of all time with Adam Copeland, it is simple to grasp why a standard episode of Rampage may not really feel as particular as among the different latest reveals.
The most effective match of the night time was the Deadly 4-Option to discover a No. 1 contender for the ROH World Championship. Komander had an ideal efficiency and Kingston appeared excited on the prospect of combating him.
Saturday’s Collision will characteristic one other look by Copeland however do not forget that the present begins an hour sooner than normal this week.